Thursday, January 14, 2010

Time




Winter's end nears, or so I'm told. Time moved forward another notch recently. We face a new year, while in the middle of another winter, and still, Time moves forward. Up here, Time loses it's grasp on me. My routine, broken as it may be, stays the same. I wake up, I make coffee, I play music, I open doors, I let in light, I swell with life. Time proceeds just the same as it always has, but it holds me with a looser grip.
It's easy to lose track of Time up here, especially in winter. The mountain can be quiet or loud, stormy or calm, but it always embraces me, recharging me for the next phase in life. At work, I watch Time viciously, anxiously awaiting when I can again ignore Time. I grind my teeth, I down coffee, I pace, and I await. I find many verbs occupy my time, while I watch Time. When I climb back home, I find myself awake at all hours having forgotten Time once again. I suffer the next day if I have to work, for the Time called 6 am is unforgiving. It's usually mad that I ignored it the night before. But even though Time punishes me for my behavior, I'm always happy that it allows me to once again lose myself in it the next night.

2 comments: